Monday, April 4, 2011

The Magic of Ordinary Days

What a beautiful and simple thought, the idea that everyday is full of magical little moments.  They may not be big or flashy.  Often they are beautiful because they are not big or flashy.  For me these little moments often just consist of a conversation with a friend or a song coming on the radio at the perfect time.  They are the diamonds in the rough, pearls of great price.

The weird thing is that at times these moments aren't even pleasant.  Maybe I did something embarrassing, maybe I ignored someone when I should have said something, maybe I am confused by the way someone treated me.  These are the moments when I turn to God in prayer.  They are opportunities for God to give me solace.  They are opportunities for introspection.

What I really love about these moments is that they cause me to feel something stronger than "I'm tired" or "I'm hungry."  These little moments, whether positive or negative, serve to snap me out of the everyday and remind me that there are bigger and better things out there.  These little moments are magical because they are when I can see God in the infrastructure of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment