Monday, May 20, 2013

On The Border of the Rest of my Summer

Haha, welp, its been a while.  The only reason I'm writing this right now is because I am trying to watch an episode of Doctor Who (Season 2, Episode 8, for anyone who may be wondering) and I can't get it to load because my sister is simultaneously watching Prison Break. Let's be clear: I started watching before she did and then when she started all of a sudden my computer started buffering at the rate of a snail.  As far as I can tell, her feed hasn't taken a hit yet.  I call favoritism on my family's router.  It clearly does not respect the Doctor as it should.

Anyway, tomorrow is my first day as a server at On the Border.  I am both excited and nervous.  I am excited because I can't wait to get back to serving.  I am nervous because 1) I have to learn the entire menu in a matter of 4 or 5 days and 2) because I am going to have to get used to spending 35 hours a week at work and on my feet.  Goodbye social life.  Hello money and cheap Mexican food...hopefully.

Other than that, I have been trying to adjust to not being around friends at school all the time.  It has been pretty rough going from seeing all of my friends all the time to seeing basically nobody at all except my family and my cats.  Don't let the cat ladies fool ya. Kitties are great, but they are no substitute for humans.  Its a pretty boring life, even when you do have Redwall books, a piano, and Doctor Who episodes to keep you company.

This is not to say that Redwall books are boring.  On the contrary, I do love me a good Redwall book a couple of times a year.  Actually, my friend Jessica and I sat and talked about the Redwall universe for about an hour this weekend.  I'm glad I've found someone else who nerds out about those books as much as I do.

(Okay, now I'm just stalling and waiting for my Doctor Who to finish buffering).

True story: When I was in eighth grade, before I went to bed I used to hope and pray that I would dream about Redwall.  To be quite honest, I wouldn't complain if I dreamed about it tonight.  Maybe a good Friar would make me some summer salad, scones with honey and meadowcream, and some skilly n' duff and I could wash it down with some strawberry cordial or October Ale all while sitting in Great Hall surrounded by a bunch of otters and hares talking in their respective awesome accents.  *shrug* What can I say? It's the simple things in the life of a bookworm.  RIP Brian Jacques.

----

In the time it has taken me to write all that you see above, a grand total of two minutes of my Doctor Who has loaded.  Kristin not happy.  For those of you who are wondering of my level of fandom, I think I am beyond a passing interest but not yet to the point that my Facebook wall has been entirely taken over by Doctor Who fangirl pictures.  Seriously.  You know what I'm talking about.  Actually, that's probably you I'm talking about, since most of my followers are Whovians, as far as I know.

----

Well, my sister has finally finished watching Prison Break, so I will try again to watch Doctor Who.  Until next time, whenever that may be, keep it rea,l kids. Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment